Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The best thing about our new phone is.....


....I'll always know where it is!

Oh yeah, baby.  Vintage 1970's.  She's a beauty.  Got her on Craig's List.

Anyone who knows us, knows we never answer our phone.
Not because we're screening calls (OK, sometimes I do), but usually because our cordless phones are never put back.

I find them in the back yard, the toy closet, the garage, under couch cushions, in our neighbor's front yard.......

Then they're usually dead from being off the charger so much.

So I have 3 rings to find a phone, yelling at the kids while I do so.  "Why is it so hard to put the phone back?!!!  Why??!!!"

Now we have no excuses for not answering our phone.

Answering the phone is quite exciting these days.  The kids fight for it.  And they think the rotary dial is so cool.
The first time it rang was so funny!  We were all startled.  That classic ring took us by surprise.  One of the kids said, "It's like we're in an old movie."  I laughed so hard.

Then Brian came home from a long day at work & sat down on the couch.  Turned on ESPN.  The phone rang.  "It's for you, Dad...........but you'll have to come get it............the new phone you know.

Bummer.

7 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm holding you to it, Nicole! I'm calling you tonight to test you....

Katie said...

Love this post for so many reasons!

Stacy said...

I LOVE IT! I have an old phone (80's) upstairs with a super long cord that reaches the kids rooms and the cordless that belongs downstairs is not allowed upstairs. Of course, you think that would help, but my cordless is always missing and I'm always out of breath when I answer the phone because I had to run up the stairs:)

Honey said...

I love it - and have been looking for one similar in color and age, but one that hangs on the wall... !!

Oh and WEIRDEST thing. We just moved out to QC - and I was driving up and down Ocotillo looking for True Value (had to be closer than Home Depot, right?)... Ran smack into your DHs Ortho sign. My mom couldn't understand my reaction... ha! the wonderfully weird world of blogging!

Unknown said...

Hahaha!!! I LOVE this Nicole! So retro!

Jill Ison said...

I like your vintage yellow phone. I have a fake vintage looking pink phone on my counter. Been there for 10 years, it's turning yellow and indeed we always know where it is. amazing isn't it? oh and I was watching Napoleon Dynamite today and took note of their phone with the super long cord on it! he went from the kitchen all through the house and out the door! haha That was the invention just before cordless phone and might I say a good one! lets bring back long phone cords!!!!!

Jill Ison said...

oooh just noticing johnsontaemmom is already taking advantage of the super long cord! WOOT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...